City Center- Redeemer


So stunned about this release.
City Center's debut was a record that came out on Type Records about two years ago. It interested me and I knew that there was more potential in the songwriting aspect of City Center especially in songs like Bleed Blood and Young Diamond. Having randomly seen the new record in stores I bought it on a whim. I had heard nothing about the album, no press, just bought it immediately on the promise that was displayed on the debut. Boy was I right.
The songwriting is actually concise and fully formed. While there are hints and rumbles of clanging and reflecting noise, this is a pop record, and one of the most original I've heard in a while.
While one could write this off as 'indie pop' it's really more than that. Cookies is an anthemic stomper with a guitar solo that shines brightly and simply rocks. On the other hand the song Obvious clatters echoed drums and percussion over heartbreaking strings that flesh out into earnest gutsy magic.
Other tracks play more like beachy tunes meeting a more grating sample based method. I'm not huge on the 'beach scene' that took the internet by storm two years ago, but this is especially pleasing.
Their songs are dramatic when they need to be, exciting and pack a punch.
Redeemer was a shock of a record and I've been constantly listening to it. Spread the word, I've seen little to nothing about it on the web.

POSTED BY Plastic Human
POSTED IN
DISCUSSION 0 Comments

Rights

The music from here is for promotion and preview only, and should respected as such. If the music here is enjoyed, then one should buy or go see the artist in concert. Support artists any way you can.
if ya wanna send things
aepetty@gmail.com

Total Pageviews